My Sweet Baby, Tayson

12:00 PM

When I was pregnant, I thought I didn't want a boy. I thought I wanted a girl because I'm super girly and I wanted her and I to match and be cute together. So then we found out it was a boy and I was like...um...really? I don't know what to do with a boy. I don't have brothers. So now I have to learn to actually care about sports and crud? 

I remember after my appointment we went to eat lunch at Panera across the street from the doctors (Tayson is made of their Mac and Cheese). I was getting lots of reassurance from Jensen about boys because I was kinda freaking out. Like a lot. He kept telling me things like 1. boys LOVE their moms. Something special about that opposite gender connection 2. I don't have to deal with crazy teenage girl hormones 3. boys are very low maintenance 4. Jensen will teach Tayson as he grows to take care of mom (and how to treat women in general with respect) 5. And there's no "competition" because we're opposite genders.  And also I will totally love watching my own son out there playing a sport, which I definitely agree with. 

Once he was born and I actually SAW him and I like oh my word. He's real! I have a baby! I've so loved watching him grow and change so much in the last several months. And now when I look back on my scared pregnant self I'm like, why was I so worried??? I have the cutest baby in the entire world. Sometimes we like to gaze into each other's eyes after I feed him and he will smile and serenade me with his precious baby singing. My heart kind of wants to burst. 

For the past couple of weeks he's been finally learning to sleep through the night. Lots of people kept telling me it was a hunger issue, which makes sense right? I thought it was. But then I was like, okay I'm throwing food at him all day long and he can only eat so much then he won't eat anymore. It's not like I can force feed my child. Maybe it's a sleeping issue? His new pediatrician said it was. He told me to make him cry it out. Babies 6 months and older are physically capable of sleeping through the night without food. So I did what he said and it actually has been working! Occasionally, I'll hear him cry at like 4 in the morning but then he falls back asleep in like 10 minutes. It was longer at first, but it got better after a few days. The key? Self-soothe. He had to learn how to soothe himself back to sleep, because our brains wake up in the middle of the night, but us adults have trained ourselves to go back to sleep right away. Doc said he had to figure it out on his own and I can't do it for him. So for any mom out there who is struggling with the same problem, maybe this will help you! 

He's a very smiley, blonde haired blue eyed baby. Crawling every where and getting into every thing. And he just learned to pull himself up onto his feet, so we will have a little walker on our hands before we can blink!

I thank Heavenly Father all the time for letting me have him forever. I love him so much. He will always be my sweet boy! 







Stay Classy,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images