Summertime Travels

4:25 PM

Hi peeps! Time for another update. First is a very random picture from last 
Christmas that was just sitting in my phone doing nothing and I didn't even realize! My mom took it after church. Had to do some editing because the sun was blaring in our eyes.




Before the Fourth, we went to Hermosa Beach in LA with a friend of Jensen's from school who lives there. It's a very beautiful and HUGE beach! There's so much sand! Jensen and I think that's the difference between LA and San Diego beaches, LA beaches have much more and much prettier looking sand. 
This picture doesn't do it justice. The sand was like, white! We walked all the out to the end of the pier and on one side of us we could see Malibu (told Jensen I wanted to see Tony Stark's house). The view was very pretty! There were lots of cute, beachy shack looking shops too. The beach is my friend.



The next week I went to Fresno (Central CA) with my family for a funeral. My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago :-( Fortunately, it was not unexpected. He was fighting a long, hard battle of diabetes and just lots of physical frailities due to old age. 

I haven't had a picture of me and my sisters since like...my WEDDING day!! That's a long time. Jensen couldn't come because his school has very strict attendance. It felt so weird traveling without him because we ALWAYS travel together. But I was with my entire family so that was pretty cool! 



Sisters at the cemetery (believe it or not, this picture was taken just seconds after we were all crying!) Since my granpda served in the Navy, they did the 21 Guns Salute which was AMAZING. I absolutely love this country. I love that the miliary are trained to give their highest respect to the Amercian Flag and are willing to die to defend it. 
So incredible. It gives me such a warm, fuzzy feeling being patriotic :-) 



Mel and I eatin' some grub! 



Sent this to my honey while I was in Fresno :-) So now he's famous there and I have a whole city name after me in Nor Cal! 


Then we drove home on the 4th of July and Jensen and I went straight to Valley Center for a big party! I don't have any pictures of that (dang it). 
But, nonetheless, it was a very busy and fun weekend :-) 

Did I already mention I'm the Ward Organist and Choir Pianist? I love my callings. I absolutely love being able to keep playing the piano. I REALLY wish I had a piano! *sigh* Someday. 

I'll try to take more pictures of dinners and desserts I make! 
And just more pictures in general haha.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images