The Nu Skin Life

10:24 AM

     Last weekend Nu Skin had a huge event for its distributors here in Provo. A lot of people came from around the world. So on Friday at the product store there was about a million people. Huge long lines in the store. So loud. And crowded. It was madness. I was BY MYSELF at the makeup counter handling requests from about 10 people at a time ALL. DAY. LONG. Which was 6 hours. Needless to say, those 6 hours felt like 30 minutes because it was insanely busy. I was stressed. And sweating. But it was okay, because I know makeup. I know where everything is and I know Nu Skin makeup. 


     So literally, someone would ask me for mascara, then someone else for a certain eyeshadow color, then someone asks which foundation would match them best, then someone else would ask about a bronzing product, then someone else would ask for a certain lipstick, then someone else would ask me which concealer would match their skin best, then someone else would ask which blush would look best on them, then someone would ask for a brown eyeliner, then someone would ask for a certain lipgloss. Not even exaggerating. That's exactly how it went. People would ask me 10 different questions when I was already taking care of the first 10 people's requests, because everyone was so rushed to get their stuff. Despite the craziness, it was okay. I knew what I was doing. And luckily with all the practice I've had matching people's foundation, concealer, powder at Macy's, I could match someone in everything in a few minutes. And we're talking about people all over the color spectrum with different skin undertones as well.

     This one lady was really nice and told me how well I was handling all these people bombarding me and was shocked when I told her I'd only been working here for 2 weeks. That made me feel good :-) And then later a group of 3 ladies like, loved me, because they thought it was so cool how I can look at someone and know the undertone to their skin color. And they loved how helpful I was. I really do try to be helpful as possible. Despite the stress. And sweating. So when the store was closing and there was a lot less people, they wanted to know my story and what led to me getting this job. So I told them about the beauty supply store and Macy's. And how I love makeup, stuff like that. I was happy and felt really confident! :-) Good times.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images